Sunday 19 February 2017

I hope everyone has dug out of their house by now! We've gotten so much snow in such a short period of time here in the Maritimes. Based on conversations at the library, I seemed to be one of the few people in Springhill enjoying the storms. It helps that we don't have to shovel our driveway or go anywhere on the terrible roads.

I went out snowshoeing and cross country skiing a few times on the trails around here. It's really nice to be able to walk from the house and get on the trails.
I think I could ski to Amherst if I had that much energy.
And I've been downhill skiing several times this winter at Wentworth. It was a bi icy before this snow hit but now it's gorgeous. I went out last Wednesday while Isaiah snowshoed up the hill (on a snowshoe trail, not up the ski trails). The conditions were amazing! There was so much fresh snow and while only some of the trails were groomed, I stuck to those ones and it was wonderful.

I was zipping along one of the trails and was thinking about avoiding the snowboarded in front of me, the next thing I knew, I was sliding down the mountain on my face. I must've hit a soft spot or some moguls, I'm not even sure. What I do know is that I landed on my knees because I could barely stand up. I somehow made it down the rest of the trail but as soon as I got inside, I knew that was it. I've been icing my knees since then and they're slowly healing but it'll be awhile before I get to enjoy the snow again.
It was such a beautiful morning.
Now this is all I can do.
In the meantime, I had my monthly pft's done last week and my fev1 is 70%, so the same as before. On the new requisition the doctor only requested my fev1 and not the other tests they had been doing. So now it's less than a 5 minute visit.

Now I'm off to Halifax for my 9 month post-chemo check up on Tuesday. I got my bloodwork drawn on Friday and that's all they want for this appointment. I'm sure she'll check for lumps but other than that, it's kind of a waste of time. At least it gives me an excuse to go to Halifax and visit some friends. We were planning on skating on the Oval but seeing as it hurts to stand up for too long those plans have been axed. Maybe a coffee shop and some board games instead.

No comments: