Wednesday 4 January 2017

New Year Resolutions

Happy New Year! I hope everyone is recovering from their holidays. I'm still recovering from the hospital, my throat is still a bit of a mess but my nose is finally feeling better. The NG tube did a number on my throat that is taking forever to heal. For some reason rhubarb juice and club soda, while feeling nice aren't actually curing anything. But my energy is mostly back along with my appetite so things are heading in the right direction.

Since it's the start of a new year and I'm starting the year not admitted to hospital for the first time in three years, I thought I should try some New Year resolutions more than "get out of this hospital." I know concrete plans are the way to go more than just "do more stuff" or "eat healthier."

My first goal for this year is to be able to run a 5km. Well, jog a 5km. It doesn't even have to be continuous. Just be able to get my body from point A to point B in a reasonable time without falling over, and ideally, without throwing up. Isaiah wants to sign us up for the Halifax Bluenose in May (him doing 10km and me doing the 5km) so that's a reasonable goal. Even though my Christmas stint in the hospital set me back exercise-wise. It's no fair that three weeks of not exercising means you lose all muscles. Where can I send my angry letter about that?

My second goal is to create more art stuff without worrying about the end result. I think sometimes I don't do as much because I know it won't turn out the way I imagined or how the picture in the book looks. But that's ridiculous because I enjoy the process so I need to focus more on that than the end result. Who cares if the flowers I painted are lopsided or the leaves look like green blobs. It's only paper. But that's a vague goal, which I was trying not to do so instead I'll say, one afternoon a week spent on creating something. Sewing, painting, drawing, knitting, whatever, just setting aside time once a week to be crafty.

Anyway, those are my goals for this year: run a 5km and do more nonsense art.

Here's to a fantastic 2017!

No comments: