Saturday 26 November 2016

Two year lungiversary!

It's my two year lungiversary! Woohoo!!!

This seems more exciting than my one year as it's not being spent in a hospital. I'm feeling fantastic.  I jogged for 20 consecutive minutes this morning which felt like a huge accomplishment. Being able to sweat due to exercise still feels amazing. I'm not sure if that makes sense to most people but when the lungs are what stops you from exercising, it makes it hard to push the body as much as you would like. Now, while I still sound like I'm wheezing and about to pass out when I jog, I can keep going until my legs give out. It's wonderful.

I'm so thankful for my donor and the medical system. Thankful for the CF Foundation for funding research. For all the researchers and scientific breakthroughs over the last 40 years that make organ donation possible. The science and medication that allow transplants to be possible is mindblowing.

It's been a hard two years medically and I'm thankful for everyone who has helped me during those times. Who have given Isaiah and I placed to stay in Halifax. Who visited me in the hospital during chemo and my fever weeks. Who has sent me supportive messages. I don't know how I would've gotten through the past two years without all of you.

Now it's time to party!


No comments: