Wednesday 16 December 2015

Light at the End of the Tunnel


Everything has remained stable. Yay! My blood work is looking good, all my blood counts are trending upwards which is most excellent seeing as today is day 14 of the chemo cycle (aka, the day where I'm most vulnerable for infection).

Since everything is stable, I'm waiting on the plan to see what the doctors want to do with the antibiotics; if they can switch me to an oral medication; if VON will visit the hospital; if VON will work with my central line or if I'll need a PICC line put back in. No one really knows.

And then they have to decide what to do with my next round of chemo which is scheduled on the 23rd. As I'm just now getting stable, they may decide to hold off a few days to let my body rest or they may want to do the chemo but keep me in Halifax afterward. It's all very up in the air.

So basically, I'm waiting for them to come up with a plan. There is a new resident on today who seems determined to get me home today or tomorrow but I remain ever cautiously optimistic.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! Here's to hoping and praying that you'll be home for Christmas. ��

helen soucoup said...

Such good news! Hope it keeps coming and we get to see you at Christmas.

Unknown said...

cautiously optimistic seems like a very good plan! hope things keep looking up..hugs!

Dave VanSlyke said...

There is a lot to be said about how well folks do when they are home recovering from their illness or injury. Here's hoping that your upward trends continue and you get to partake of the bounty of Springhill real soon.