Tuesday 24 March 2015

Hospital stay continues

I'm still here at the hospital. The latest plan is now for me to get the medication from pharmacy and the hospital will sneak me out with a bunch of supplies and I'll give myself two of the three doses with homecare being responsible for the third. I'm basically agreeing to any plan that gets me out of here at this point.

The one hurdle with that plan is that the pharmacy doesn't seem to be a fan of handing over IV medication to patients. It has to be mixed which I think is also part of the problem. I'm quite confident though that I can take medication out of a vial and inject it into a saline bag. Not really sure why they think that is harder than everything else I've been doing.

In the meantime, I've been trying to not get too angry about the situation by watching TV and stress knitting dishclothes. I'm also sustaining myself on onion rings and giant drinks sugary drinks from Starbucks.

No comments: