Monday 19 January 2015

No surgery from plastics.

Update: no extra surgery from plastics for me, hurray!

But that is all I know. I don't know why they decided not to operate, or what that means about the wound healing. The nurse had a one minute phone conversation with them that they weren't operating and that I was off their caseload. So I also don't know when this means I can go home although I'm assuming (for the second time) by the end of the week as waiting for plastics seemed to be the only thing keeping me here.

Last week, I had been told that the social worker had all the paperwork ready re:funding for home care and the vac machine. Today I was told that the attending doctor had stopped the process by writing orders that I was going home with a regular dressing instead of the vac - which is crazy because everyone who looks at my wound says the vac machine is the best healing option. So now the paperwork needs to be refilled which is clearly going to take more phone calls and more time with me spent waiting here instead of being at home. The social worker nor the nurses nor I are very happy with this doctor.

The lung transplant team was going to come by at 530 to review everything and write the official discharge note. They have not yet shown up. I suspect they will be here bright and early AM when I'm still waking up and have forgotten all my questions. My questions such as: "when can I go home?, " "why did the stupid doctor delay the paperwork process?," and "can I leave now?"

So yay, discharge this week for real this time?!? I'm trying so hard not to get too excited but OMG I just want out of here.

3 comments:

Dave VanSlyke said...

And so up goes the roller coaster again!! Yay!!

Unknown said...

Fantastic news X 2 - no surgery and go home!!! I'm so happy for you. I'll keep my fingers crossed! 😀

helen soucoup said...

Great news about keeping your distance from those plastics!!!. it is very hard to be patient being a patient when you just wanna go home. Escape is closer though, hang in there.