Sunday 2 November 2014

Happy November!

It's November! I hope everyone had a fun and safe Halloween! The winter winds have started blowing much to my dismay. Despite the cold wind, I had a fantastic weekend with David visiting. We mostly spent the weekend playing board games but did make it outside for Halloween and a hockey game.

Health-wise, I've managed to wean myself off the anti-nauseatesover the last two days which is a step up. I would say my energy is coming back but I've managed to offset that gain by staying up way too late the last few nights. I'm sure it will return over the next week.

We went to the Friday Night Live party at the ROM for Halloween. It was the last day of our ROM membership so we wanted to go for a last hurrah. It was super packed, apparently if you wanted to dress up as an adult on Halloween, that was the place to be.

We were in the minority of people not in costume which I was not expecting at all. The FNL night is usually pretty fun but I found Friday night was even more fun than usual. There was just more of a casual relaxed vibe everywhere. Even on the subway, everyone seemed more social. It seems people are more friendly when they're dressed in a funny costume. It's hard to be aloof when you're wearing a Mario hat.

People were definitely questioning if my oxygen was a prop or not. I'm not sure that 'person with cancer' is really a popular costume choice. Although two guys on the subway in Ebola cleaning costumes seemed to think it was a brilliant idea. I would not trust their judgement of 'good taste in Halloween costumes'.

In fact, a ROM security person on the second floor actually made me dig out the tank from my cart to prove to him it was real. Amused, I tweeted about it (because yes, that is something I do now), and some staff person must have read it as when we left, a second security person apologized to me. I wasn't offended, the guy was just doing his job trying to keep bags out of the museum.

All in all, it was one of the best Halloweens I've had in awhile.

Here are some pics from the last few days:
Face painting at the ROM!
We blended into the crowd more with our fun facepaint. Isaiah refused to join the facepainting fun. 

We ate some chocolate covered crickets. It tasted like chocolate.
We made it to our first Marlies game on Sat!

No comments: