Monday 21 July 2014

Back!

I'm back from the lake! We had a fantastic family vacation filled with kayaking and more kayaking. The weather was great except for the occasionally showers but it kept the humidity away so no complaints from me. I spent the time it rained reading teen books for mom for the school library. I can not say that I found the next Hunger Games books but a few of them were good with not too much teenage angst.

We arrived back in smoggy Toronto which welcomed our return with the Indie car races close to our building. It sounded like a swarm of angry bees were outside the door for the entire weekend.
The Toronto Indie races were happening when we were here last year for the pre-transplant testing. It doesn't feel like it's been a year since this entire transplant process got serious, apparently time flies when you're waiting for lungs. But at the same time, it feels like I've been stuck in this transplant world forever.

I may not have been going to physio last week but I wasn't slacking off.
As you can tell by my pool noodle, I was ready for some intense swimming (aka floating).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a summer break from the city and a chance to visit with family.............