Thursday 5 June 2014

Talking to children about death.

I hope everyone in Moncton is safe and my heart goes out to those who lost their lives in this senseless tragedy.

I saw on Twitter that many parents were choosing not to tell their children what was happening. That is their right as a parent, and as I non-parent I'm not judging, but it is important to realize that children know when their parents are afraid and it can be worse when they don't know why, as that is when imaginations run wild.

After the Connecticut shooting last year, my favourite mortician of the 'Ask a Mortician' series, posted this video on talking to children about death and tragedies. I think everyone should watch it, not just those with small children, and that it might help in processing what happened.


No comments: