Saturday 7 June 2014

Friday

I've been slacking with my posting! We have some visitors in the Toronto area for the next few days which is most exciting. The next few days are going to be filled with board games and delicious food. Yay!

On Friday I had a bunch of appointments at the Toronto General which meant getting up at 6 am. Urg. I almost fell asleep in the CT scanner. I probably would have if it weren't for the annoying voice saying 'breath in...hold it....relax....' during the entire scan. I hate that 'hold it' part, my little lungs can't handle it.

The 'hold your breath' part was worse at my Echocardio appointment though where the women wanted me to hold it for an impossibly long time. After a few seconds, I just gave up and started breathing anyway or went into a wild coughing fit. I'm sure it really helped her scan the stress of my heart. Or whatever it is that a Echo testing. I think they have unrealistic expectations. About halfway through, the woman just said 'hold it if you can but breath if you have too.' Thank you for that advice. I really wasn't about to make myself pass out for a routine Echo test (although I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to do that if I tried).

After my appointment fun, I had regular physio where I was the third person with CF to show up for the 1030 time slot. This caused some panic with the physiotherapists and it meant that I got to exercise all by myself in a special gym on the 7th floor. It had all the OT-type rehab equipment so I think it's the rehab gym for the transplant inpatients. Above the practice toilet was a giant sign 'Do NOT Use.' I wonder if they hung that sign when they first installed the toilet or if it was put up after a smelly incident. 

No comments: