Sunday 11 May 2014

Pottery Class #5!

Happy Mother's Day! I love you Mom! Your card is in the mail. I didn't forget...it's just possible that up until three days ago, I thought Mother's Day was next weekend.

Since I had no annual Mother's Day hike to attend, I went to the pottery drop-in class instead. I know, I know, I'm suppose to be resting my lungs but I was able to attend the drop-in class to make up for the class that I missed and I couldn't pass that up. The drop-in classes are only two hours compared to the three hour classes but I'm happy that I could make up some of the time since their website was so intense about 'no refunds or substitutions!' I joined all the mother/daughter dates and spent the full two hours hand-building a vase. 

I started with a plan to make a vase but what I ended up making is worlds away from what I had originally intended. This version is probably better. I can't imagine it will be out of the kiln by this Wednesday's class but I'm already excited to see how it turns out. I need to start thinking of colour options. *fingers crossed that pieces don't fall off in the kiln*

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's super fun!

Dave VanSlyke said...

I like this!