Sunday 9 February 2014

How am I doing?

How am I doing? That seems to be the question to ask these days. I honestly have no idea how to answer that question. I talked about this when I first started my blog and I am still confused.

I'm doing great! That is my typical response but I feel like when I say that, people could get the wrong impression of how I'm doing. Because 'doing great' to me, and 'doing great' for other people means two very different things. When I say that things are going well and that I'm doing great, it means that I am not in the hospital, not on extra antibiotics for an acute infection, and that I have enough energy to go to physio and maybe one or two extra activities during the week. It basically means that I am stable and have not had any sudden progress or decline in my health.

That would not be 'great' to most people but it is where I'm at at this point in my life. And I do feel great most days, I am reminded of this every time in physio when I compare myself to the other people who are waiting for a lung transplant.

I don't want to start ranting to everyone who asks but I really don't know how else to describe my situation.  I don't want to be sugarcoating it because obviously this isn't exactly my idea of awesome but on a day-to-day basis, I don't really know what else to say other than that I'm doing great.

No comments: